We all know how badly fake tanning can go, I’m afraid I have had some experience in this area many years ago before becoming a beauty therapist – Ross from Friends springs to mind!
So when you make the brave decision to trust a therapist to give you a tan, here are my top tips to get the best results:
- Book a trial, especially if you are planning a tan for your wedding or a special occasion. A trial will ensure you are happy with how you will look on your special day
- Book your tan 2 showers before your event, this is when your tan will look the very best!
- Wax or shave any unwanted hair at least 24 hours before your tan
- Shower and exfoliate your skin the night before or morning of your tan
- Wear loose dark clothing and go without underwear (if you can) directly after your tan
- Moisturise your skin everyday after the 8 hour developing time
- Apply moisturiser, make up or deodorant after you shower before your tan
- Have too much – less is more, especially if it’s your first tan
- Exercise while your tan is developing
- Shower for 8 hours after your tan is applied
- Soak in the bath after your tan
- Rub your wet skin too much with your towel after showering
Remember – Spray tan sits in the upper layers of your skin so will only last around 7 days.
To help prolong your tan apply LDN:skins gradual tan every other day, this product contains a small amount of fake tan and will moisturise the skin whilst replenishing your tan.
Once you’ve had a tan you will be addicted!! And the very best thing about a spray tan is you gain the instant holiday skin WITHOUT the sun damage; what’s not to love?