We all know how badly fake tanning can go, I’m afraid I have had some experience in this area many years ago before becoming a beauty therapist – Ross from Friends springs to mind!
So when you make the brave decision to trust a therapist to give you a tan, here are my top tips to get the best results:
- Book a trial, especially if you are planning a tan for your wedding or a special occasion. A trial will ensure you are happy with how you will look on your special day.
- Book your tan 2 showers before your event, this is when your tan will look the very best!
- Wax or shave any unwanted hair at least 24 hours before your tan.
- Shower and exfoliate your skin the night before or morning of your tan.
- Wear loose dark clothing and go without underwear (if you can) directly after your tan.
- Moisturise your skin every day after the 8-hour developing time.
- Apply moisturiser, makeup or deodorant after your shower before your tan.
- Wash up! Avoid all contact with water until your tan has developed.
- Have too much – less is more, especially if it’s your first tan.
- Exercise while your tan is developing.
- Shower for 8 hours after your tan is applied.
- Soak in the bath after your tan.
- Rub your wet skin too much with your towel after showering.
- Remember – Spray tan sits in the upper layers of your skin so will only last around 7 days.
To help prolong your tan apply LDN: skins gradual tan every other day, this product contains a small amount of fake tan and will moisturise the skin whilst replenishing your tan.
Once you’ve had a spray tan you will be addicted!! The very best thing about a spray tan is that you gain an instant holiday skin glow WITHOUT the sun damage; what’s not to love?
If you have any tanning questions pop them in the box below.